Sunday, June 12, 2016

Say something!

I found an old quote which, I thought, every person recognised: “If you can’t say something nice, don’t say nothin’ at all!” This quote was said by Thumper on Bambi, by Disney many years ago. The quote pic I found today (on the left) was done by VintageJennie from etsy.com, very slightly reworded: “If you can’t say something nice, don’t say anything at all!” It was done with no acknowledge of who said it. Well, sorry VintageJennie but I know who did say it. Read my pic - on the right!

The second one I found was not as humorous. “Life begins at the end of your comfort zone” was said by Neale Donald Walsch, quoted in goodreads.com, lifeprobabilities.com and values.com, just listing a few. Unfortunately far, far too many quote pics never name him. I found BeInspiring, MotivationMonday and a BudgetTravel photo on Pinterest which did not name Walsch. I also found jessicalawlor.com, aiesecqut.org, iliketoquote.com, geckoandfly.com, challengerbeater.com (same pic as geckoandfly) and wallpaperup.com (same pic as geckoandfly), violetmagazine.com, 123rf.com (sold as a wall poster without the acknowledgement) and so many others!

NO quote-pic should ever be without any acknowlegdement. They should name the original speaker, or say “Anonymous” or “Unknown”. No quote-pic designer can think they’ve just gotten past “go” without naming the original speaker.

Read my quote-pic – and ask yourself who said it! 


No comments:

Post a Comment