Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Wasting their minute

SearchQuotes what are you doing?? I found this one on your site. This is just a little one, but it seems wrong. 

Originally where I found it - on your website - it mentioned Brooke Shields underneath the pic, but her name wasn't on the pic. I went into Google and looked at the images - and yes, I found your one, with your name on, and not with Brooke Shields' name on it. And the quote on your website didn't even mention the end of the quote: " - or break down a door."

So many on there with her name; they had done well - QuoteFancy, QuoteHD, Inspirably, QuoteAddicts, JarOfQuotes, IzQuotes, AzQuotes and so on and so on.

But there were a lot who did very much the same as you, SearchQuotes. Pinterest (as usual) had an unnamed pic, VeryBestQuotes only used the first part of the quote and didn't named Brooke, SmartAmbolo's pic was unnamed and was re-printed on QuotesGram.

I don't know what law runs the internet for acknowledging quotes, but yes, unnamed quotes annoys me! Perhaps I can write to the UK's The Telegraph and ask them to add to the 10 internet rules and laws my "law" which will pick up anything not acknowledged.

Sounds like they've already got a lot on the liveliness of technology, but I think there should be a lot more.


No comments:

Post a Comment